1 Corinthians 10:31

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Weekend Update

Fridays snow melted just in time to enjoy a wonderful weekend! Mom, Dad and Chelsea came for a visit on Saturday... it was a nice treat. I cleaned everything... Sunday we had church and Bible study and a Superbowl party! Uncle Ben got to see Garrett take two more steps... he was pretty excited about that.  And, most importantly... (haha) SMALLVILLE came back on! (with Chloe I might add!) Not that it was a great episode, but it was on, and that is a start.

Today was a hard day to stay focused. I woke up in a bit of a bad mood, and lots of things seemed to pile on... 
Then I heard an interesting sermon at lunch, about biblical counseling... and depression, and how water is dirty because of the dirt in it... and maybe the things "causing" our depression is really just the sin in our lives... so in theory... clean out the sin and cure your own depression. So while I think I am far from depression, I totally asked myself what sin was rearing its ugly head today.  Just because circumstances happen to us, doesn't mean that they control us. So all the cruddy "mood suppressants" I faced today, I decided to put behind me... not that more didn't come, but they were easier to handle. 

Well, it's off to bed for me, so i can get up early and most likely due to the weather, ride into the bank with my co-worker. So the next time you think bankers have such great holidays... we are always there otherwise... no bad weather days, no day after Thanksgiving, or Christmas Eve off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment